Re: [Groff] eqn troubles

From: Ted Harding
Subject: Re: [Groff] eqn troubles
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 15:22:55 +0100 (BST)

On 29-Sep-08 13:06:16, Ralph Corderoy wrote:
> [...]
> [Miklos Somogyi wrote:]
>> [...]
>> Please note that eqn IS called, just it does not accept anything as
>> valid.
>
> Are you doing this on Mac OS X as your Mailer header suggests?
> There's rumours that eqn as shipped by Apple has issues.
> http://www.mail-archive.com/address@hidden/msg04206.html
> Perhaps someone who uses a Mac can comment on the latest situation?
>
> Cheers,
> Ralph.

Since there is clearly nothing wrong syntactically with Miklos's
original input (apart from the possibility that there may be
"invisible" bytes lurking in it -- but that would normally
trigger a different error message), it seems that there is indeed
something wrong with his installation of eqn.

I don't use a Mac myself, but a friend up the road does.

I will ask him if I can try that example on his Mac, and report
back on what happens (including platform, groff version, etc.)
That won't be for a few hours yet, though.

Ted.

E-Mail: (Ted Harding) <address@hidden>
Fax-to-email: +44 (0)870 094 0861
Date: 29-Sep-08                                       Time: 15:22:51