Re: [Groff] eqn troubles

From: Miklos Somogyi
Subject: Re: [Groff] eqn troubles
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 22:50:03 +1000

Ralph,

1) eqn filename -> syntax error "context is >>> x=y+z <<<", though it should work

2) grog filename              -> groff -e filename

    groff -e filename       -> syntax error

3) groff -e -ms filename  -> syntax error  (-ms is what you suggested)

4) alias gr "groff -set -I directoryname -P -Pprologue-1.19.2-ms \!:1 > temporary-file"

this alias has been working well for a long time, though I haven't had eqn jobs

here "directoryname" is the directory of all my include files (e.g. a modified prologue)

   gr filename                      -> syntax error

    If I soelim e.tmac, it does not make a difference

Please note that eqn IS called, just it does not accept anything as valid.

Please note that the problem is not likely with my aliases and modifications, 'cause cases 1 and 2 (the most basic things without my alterations) are not working either.

Please note that if I don't define a directory, groff and eqn use their own (unmodified) defaults.

Miklos