[Groff] local motions and pdfhref

From: Louis Guillaume
Subject: [Groff] local motions and pdfhref
Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2008 10:45:01 -0400

It looks like if you move a pdfhref over with \v the link ends up in odd places. For example...

.pdfhref W -D http://www.gnu.org/software/groff/ \v'-3'The Groff Home Page

... produces the link text at the expected spot after the \v motion, but the "hot-spot" is at the original position before the \v motion.

.pdfhref W -D http://www.gnu.org/software/groff/ \v'3'The Groff Home Page

... produces a hot-spot that encompasses the link text AND the whole region of the vertical motion. Actually this appears "correct" to me, because the \v is part of the link definition.

So that brings up my next problem... How do I do a \v and have the new current point "stick"? So a macro request will do it's thing from the new location.

I find myself printing several subsequent lines with \v in non-fill mode to push the text into the right place. It would be nice to simply "move back" to where I want to be and start printing again.

Any help would be great.

Louis