Re: [Groff] groff as a wiki langauge?

From: Ralph Corderoy
Subject: Re: [Groff] groff as a wiki langauge?
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 11:17:11 +0100

Hi Zhang,

> Werner LEMBERG wrote:
> > It's not clear to me why you get such bad formatting results.
>
> Partly because it's difficult to strip away the non wiki content from
> the web page (navigation bar, advertisement on the corner, "feed back"
> input textarea);

I think Werner's assuming that the wiki software provides a `print'
option that converts the mark-up into a nicely formatted PDF which you
then download and print.  Whereas the software you're using seems to
limit you to using the browser to print the web page, so you get the
adverts and all.

With the former option, there's no reason, as Werner says, for a poorly
formatted PDF.  It could even use groff behind the scenes on the web
server to do the formatting.  :-)

Cheers,

Ralph.