Re: [Groff] pdfroff doubles the output

From: Keith Marshall
Subject: Re: [Groff] pdfroff doubles the output
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2008 20:51:33 +0100

On Saturday 28 June 2008 18:51:27 Louis Guillaume wrote:
> I have only one other thing that's more of a wish for
> this: If we use the .RP macro, the Table of Contents should come
> after the cover page but before the main body of the document.

I don't use .RP in my documents, but pdfroff, in combination with
spdf.tmac does offer a more flexible alternative -- specify the
markup for your cover page(s) bounded by .CS and .CE, (much as you
would use .PS and .PE to bound pic code).

> Should I look at the pdfroff script or at spdf.tmac for this (or
> both)?

Have a look at how I do it, in the pdfmark.ms source for the manual;
if you don't already have the sources, you can browse it online, at:
http://cvs.savannah.gnu.org/viewvc/*checkout*/groff/contrib/pdfmark/pdfmark.ms?root=groff&content-type=text%2Fplain

and also note how this relates to the cover stylesheet, cover.ms:
http://cvs.savannah.gnu.org/viewvc/*checkout*/groff/contrib/pdfmark/cover.ms?root=groff&content-type=text%2Fplain

(note that you add a `--stylesheet=cover.ms' to the pdfroff command
invocation, to initiate this cover sheet formatting mechanism).

Regards,
Keith.