Re: [Groff] Getting properly rendered single quotes in groff

From: Stuart Brady
Subject: Re: [Groff] Getting properly rendered single quotes in groff
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2008 13:33:02 +0100

On Sat, Jun 14, 2008 at 07:04:53PM +0200, Werner LEMBERG wrote:
> If you don't agree with these mappings, you could use the .tr request
> to change that, for example
>
>   .tr `'
>
> so that `foo' in input becomes 'foo' in output.  Alternatively, you
> might use the .char request like this:
>
>   .char ` \N'96'

Yeah, I think that's what's needed.  Debian does tr \[oq] ' (only) and
I'm not sure if that's also be needed.  For latin1, it might be nicer to
keep ` as it is, and instead map ' and \[cq] to an acute accent.

I'm not sure where this should go -- Debian uses mandoc.local, but I
don't see why this should be man-specific.

Cheers,
--
Stuart Brady