[Groff] "unrecoverable" error in GS with pdfroff

From: Louis Guillaume
Subject: [Groff] "unrecoverable" error in GS with pdfroff
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2008 00:30:04 -0400

Hi,

I recently updated to Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) and rebuilt all my packages (from pkgsrc). Now it appears that pdfroff and gs don't play nice...

$ pdfroff -mspdf test.ms > a.pdf
GPL Ghostscript 8.62: Unrecoverable error, exit code 1

... I can still build the ps output with groff and -mspdf but then the .pdfhref links don't work; they just show up as coloured text between vertical bars.

I'm not sure what else I can do to test but I'm willing to get any more info that may be needed to fix this problem.

Thanks,

Louis