Re: [Groff] Devps unmatched metrics

From: Tadziu Hoffmann
Subject: Re: [Groff] Devps unmatched metrics
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 18:53:43 +0200

> I believe that an installation should attempt to build
> the metric files from the local fonts, [...]

For the sake of argument, I will contest this.  The default
setup for the ps device -- analogous to, for example,
the lj4 device -- should create output that can be sent
to the corresponding printer -- Postscript or PCL -- using
whatever fonts are provided by the device itself.  As such,
the metrics should correspond to those of the builtin fonts.
Anything else should be delegated to an add-on package.