Re: [Groff] Trying to escape user input.

From: Mike Burns
Subject: Re: [Groff] Trying to escape user input.
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 11:37:22 -0500

On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 6:16 PM, Clarke Echols <address@hidden> wrote:

> If what you are picking up as user input contains text with a line
> starting with ".", insert "\&" in front of it.  That places a
> zero-width space at the start of the line and puts the dot in
> third place on the line so it gets ignored as a command.  Thus
> a line starting with ".rt" becomes "\&.rt".
>
> Clarke

Thanks for the quick response.

 I feel obligated to admit that I found the answer on page 1 of the groff
man page. I spent all my time yesterday going over the escape sequences (on
page 12), and the groff_char man page.  If I had just started at the
beginning I would have been fine.

I'm fairly certain that the things I need to translate are

Are they any other gotcha's people have experienced out there?

    mike