Re: [Groff] tbl: pdf has wrong tables

From: Ralph Corderoy
Subject: Re: [Groff] tbl: pdf has wrong tables
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 18:11:45 +0000

Hi Marcela,

> I have problem convert manual page ps1.1 from manual to pdf or ps
> file.  The pdf file has tables over the edge of the paper.  I'm using
> groff-1.18.1.4.

I haven't looked at generating PDF yet, but ps.1 formats badly to a tty
on this Ubuntu 7.10 system.  Perhaps that suggests it's not PDF
generation that's the problem but the column width settings in the ps.1.

~~~~~~ 80 character line length ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
       args      COMMANDcommand with all its arguments as a string.
Modifications
                        to the arguments may be shown. The output in this column
                        may contain spaces. A process marked <defunct> is partly
                        dead, waiting to be fully destroyed by its parent.
                        Sometimes the process args will be unavailable; when
this
                        happens, ps will instead print the executable name in
                        brackets. (alias cmd, command). See also the comm format
                        keyword, the -f option, and the c option.
                        When specified last, this column will extend to the edge
                        of the display. If ps can not determine display width,
as
                        when output is redirected (piped) into a file or another
                        command, the output width is undefined. (it may be 80,
                        unlimited, determined by the TERM variable, and so on)
The

There's insufficient separation between the second and third column, and
the line length is larger than desired.

Cheers,

Ralph.