RE: [Groff] Fw: problem with pic

From: Y T
Subject: RE: [Groff] Fw: problem with pic
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 15:27:04 -0700

I suppose it is going to boil down to a matter of "taste".
Old AT&T pic treated
     line from 1,1 then up 1
exactly the same as
     line from  1,1 up 1
Groff pic 1.19.3 treats them differently.
I think the AT&T pic behavior is more natural/intuitive but
others may prefer the new groff pic behavior.
Maintaining compatibility with the old AT&T pic is another argument
for restoring the old behavior.