Re: [Groff] Fw: problem with pic

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Groff] Fw: problem with pic
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 09:23:40 +0100 (CET)

[also sent to the groff list]

> The problem reported does not occur with old AT&T pic (from the
> 80s).  I have that old version running and tested it before
> reporting the problem.  Specifically, with old AT&T pic, the code
>
>       .PS
>      line from 0,0 to 3,3
>      line from 1,1 then up 1
>      .PE
>
> draws just two lines (one diagonal, one vertical) while with the
> current CVS version of groff pic, it draws three line segments.

Uh, oh.  It seems that I have to revert or modify the change.  Anyway,
it looks strange to me that

  right;
  line from 1,1 then up 1

(which is, according to your tests with AT&T pic, the same as `line 0
from 1,1 then up 1') should be have in a different way compared to

  right;
  line then up 1;

(which is the same as `line right then up 1').

Am I doing something wrong?  Opinions?