Re: [Groff] Different eqn fonts in-line versus displayed.

From: Tadziu Hoffmann
Subject: Re: [Groff] Different eqn fonts in-line versus displayed.
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 13:58:03 +0100

> I chose a font family that wasn't Times
>  .fam GO
> Then I expected that the gfont would be font 2: GOI.  It
> _was_,  for in-line eqn expressions, but for displayed
> (.EQ/.EN) expressions the gfont was Times Italic.
> Setting gfont GOI fixed things, but why the inconsistency
> between in-line and displayed eqn expressions?

I don't understand how that is possible, because eqn doesn't
really distinguish between inline equations and displayed
equations -- it's your macro package which handles displaying of
equations, the code generated by eqn is practically identical.
By default, eqn uses fonts "I" and "R", so since family "GO"
was being used, switching to font "I" should have made gtroff
use font "GOI", unless perhaps your macros EQ/EN explicitly
set up a different font as "I" and "R".  Could you check that?