[Groff] pic problems with grap

From: Heinz-Jürgen Oertel
Subject: [Groff] pic problems with grap
Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2008 22:25:41 +0100

Hello,

In some of my reports I'm using grap for generating graphs.
http://www.lunabase.org/~faber/Vault/software/grap/
grap-1.41

With the latest versions of groff from CVS grap is producing strange
output. If fed throug pic | groff ....

After looking at the generated pic code I found lines like:

line from Frame.Origin + (0.184211, 0) then down 0.125

That means a line is starting with defining a start position followed
directly by "then" which is used to combine segments according the pic
manual.

the same for some movements of the current drawing position:

move from Frame.Origin + (0.184211, 0) then down 0.15

This worked with previous version, e.g. "GNU groff version 1.19.2"
now it produces strange output, e.g. with longer lines or larger movements.
After removing the keyword "then", pic generates the drawings like
expected.

Attached are two files, output of grap.
grap_old.g  like generated by grap
grap_new.g  generated after changing  grap_pic.cc

Please test with
cat grap_new.g | groff -p > g.ps;kghostview g.ps
cat grap_old.g | groff -p > g.ps;kghostview g.ps

I hope someone can state if wether grap or pic are the cause of the
problem.

Regards
  Heinz