[Groff] nroff vs. troff conditional using escapes?

From: Michael(tm) Smith
Subject: [Groff] nroff vs. troff conditional using escapes?
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2008 15:59:11 +0900

Related to my earlier posting about TTY vs. PS/non-TTY conditional
logic (and at the risk of further exposing my ignorance), I have
yet another probably-dumb question:

Is there a way I mark up a particular string in a chunk of text
(inline) such that it appears in nroff/TTY output but not in
troff/PS output?

What I mean is that I'd like to be able to do something like this:

  For more information, see the \n[troff]Description\n[troff]
  \n[nroff]DESCRIPTION\n[nroff] section.

(Lacking an idea of what the appropriate escapes might be, the
"\n[nroff]" stuff is just my attempt at a pseudo representation.)

So my use case is just that I'd like to have an uppercase/all-caps
version of the string in nroff/TTY output, but a normal version of
the same string in troff/PS output.

  --Mike

--
Michael(tm) Smith