Re: [Groff] Fw: groff and Vista privileges

From: Larry Kollar
Subject: Re: [Groff] Fw: groff and Vista privileges
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2008 09:07:48 -0500

John W. Smay wrote:

After a week of thrashing I have found Vista's User Access Control (UAC) and
that it can be disabled.  This allowed all my gnu programs, groff.exe,
enscript.exe, to run satisfactorily, but of course disables this important
security of Windows Vista.

8-o Kind of like cutting off your ear to fix an earache!

TNote that I am running groff-1.17.2 while I note that there is a 1.19.2 available in which this problem may have been fixed, though looking at the dates of 1.19.2 and the arrival date of Vista, it seems doubtful. Thanks for your inputs. Do you know the right way to notify the appropriate gnu folks --
though surely it is known and  probably been addressed this already.