Re: [Groff] Program Bugs

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Groff] Program Bugs
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 09:23:39 +0100 (CET)

> The two programs, groff.exe and enscript.exe would not run under
> user logins on Vista, producing errors of "Permission Denied" and "
> ...... requies elevation."  [...]

This has been discussed recently on the list.  Please look it up.
Since groff creates temporary files it is important to set the proper
environment variables so that they point to user-writable directories.

> however I believe a "bug" in the Vista compatibility of these
> programs.  [...]

I don't think so, but since I'm not a Windows user, I can't verify
it.  In case you can satisfactorily solve this issue I would be glad
if you could contribute a note to the file README.MinGW (or whatever
you consider appropriate).