Re: [Groff] How to switch off line filling?

From: Larry Kollar
Subject: Re: [Groff] How to switch off line filling?
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 08:17:09 -0500

Dan H wrote:

       As my job frequently requires me to write highly structured,
       long emails, I’ve discovered groff to be the perfect tool for
       me. This email is an example of how I use groff with the mm
       package (because it is, as far as I know, the only one that
       offers nested lists). However, there are a couple of things
       that I’d like to do to make things perfect:

         4.  Left margin: How can it be turned off or made smaller?

Since others have already answered the other questions, I'll fill in this one a little more.

In -mm, add the option "-rO0" (capital O then zero) to the command line. Setting the O register inside your file will not produce satisfactory results.

In -ms, you have to set the PO register *and* use the ".po" request to get it to take. Or you can set the PO register on the command line: "-rPO=0" and that should also work.

Hope that helps....

-- Larry