[Groff] How to switch off line filling?

From: Dan H
Subject: [Groff] How to switch off line filling?
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 10:22:12 +0100

       Hello all,

       As my job frequently requires me to write highly structured,
       long emails, I’ve discovered groff to be the perfect tool for
       me. This email is an example of how I use groff with the mm
       package (because it is, as far as I know, the only one that
       offers nested lists). However, there are a couple of things
       that I’d like to do to make things perfect:

         1.  Turn off pagination. Like I said, it’s mostly for
             email and therefore doesn’t require separate pages. I
             don’t know how the man formatter does it.

         2.  Foreign languages: How can I load different
             hyphenation patterns, if they exist?

         3.  UTF‐8 support: It seems that with "‐T utf8", groff
             spits out utf‐8 but only accepts latin‐1 as input. Is
             there a way to make groff accept utf‐8 as input as
             well? Will there be support for utf‐8 fonts in PS
             output?

         4.  Left margin: How can it be turned off or made smaller?

        Thanks, ‐‐D.