[Groff] spaces in file names

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: [Groff] spaces in file names
Date: Sat, 05 Jan 2008 09:45:45 +0100 (CET)

Friends,

how does, say,

  .so foo bar.ps

behave in other troff versions?  With groff, it currently tries to
load `foo', ignoring the rest of the line.  To be more precise, it is
impossible to have a space within a file name at all!  Basically, all
other requests are affected too since you can't use double quotes
around the file name to protect spaces.  Interestingly, this problem
has never come up on the list in all the years, IIRC...

I wonder whether this should be changed to the behaviour of the least
surprise so that `foo bar.ps' gets loaded instead.  However, I haven't
yet investigated whether this causes problems in the implementation.