Re: [Groff] Why is it...

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Groff] Why is it...
Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2008 21:34:35 +0100 (CET)

> Just so everything goes smoothly,

Thanks for the patch!  I'll investigate soon.

> I want to know if it's a problem if I use std::map (and std::string
> and std::vector) in implementing character classes.  I ask because
> it seems like every attempt has been made to avoid usage of the
> standard library.  My need is to be able to map strings into an
> array/vector of character classes, and I need each character class
> (pointer) to be able to belong to more than one string.

I would be glad if we could avoid the usage of the standard library --
groff is intended to compile on old boxes too.

> I have one further question: there are already flags in charinfo for
> BREAK_BEFORE and BREAK_AFTER.  If I clear the BREAK_BEFORE flag on a
> glyph, will that prevent the line from being broken before that
> glyph (and similarly the BREAK_AFTER flag)?  If so, kinsoku shori
> handling might be done by the end of the week.

We need a new class for CJK glyphs, namely to allow breaks before and
after the character except if there are glyphs before or after which
prevents that.  Additionally, we need inter-glyph spacing...