Re: [Groff] groff Image Formats

From: Keith Marshall
Subject: Re: [Groff] groff Image Formats
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 22:29:14 +0100

On Thu, 2007-10-18 at 08:45 +0200, Rüdiger Härtel wrote:
> > On a barely related note: if anyone knows how to create PDF
> > documents which allow in-place commenting with recent versions of
> > Adobe Reader, without needing Adobe Distiller, I'd be glad to know.
>
> flpsed - http://www.ecademix.com/JohannesHofmann/
>
> okular which is the default viewer in KDE4
> http://okular.kde.org/screenshots.php

Thanks Rüdiger, but neither of these really answer my question.

With Adobe's Acrobat Reader prior to v6, annotations could be added and
edited directly within the PDF document; with v6 and later, this remains
possible, but only if the document is encrypted, and the document author
explicitly enables the feature at the time of PDF creation.

I need to be able to support this feature for users of Reader itself.
Adobe's documentation seems to suggest that it is only possible for
documents created by their own proprietary software.  Personally, I
consider this to be an asinine restriction, and a serious regression
from Reader-5; presumably Adobe see it as a method of protecting their
market share.

Regards,
Keith.