Re: [Groff] groff Image Formats

From: Frank Jahnke
Subject: Re: [Groff] groff Image Formats
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 07:45:53 -0700

On Thu, 2007-10-18 at 08:30 +0200, Werner LEMBERG wrote:
> > Here's the (long) output:
> >
> > 7:%%BoundingBox: 0 0 536 152
>
> It contains a correct bounding box, and groff loads this correctly
> (this is, I don't get the bounding box error you've reported).

I noticed that too.  However, when I ran the complete file, I get:

pinot% groff -ms test > test.ps
test:2: %%BoundingBox comment not found in `figure9-acrobat.eps'
pinot%

The file "test" is

pinot% cat test
.LP
.PSPIC figure9-acrobat.eps
pinot%

groff is version 1.19.2

> This makes me shudder.  Is it really
>
>   %%BeginBinary: 1
>
> in both cases?  This is plain wrong, since the line must hold the real
> number of binary bytes in the block.

I just copied the output, so yes, that really is what is there.