Re: [Groff] groff Image Formats

From: Keith Marshall
Subject: Re: [Groff] groff Image Formats
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 18:57:47 +0100

On Wed, 2007-10-17 at 07:52 +0200, Werner LEMBERG wrote:
> I believe that your question is rather: How can I embed JPG images and
> the like so that they can be extracted as such after conversion of the
> groff PS output file to the PDF format...
>
> Keith?

I've no idea.  My knowledge of PDF is limited to what I've gleaned from
the PDFMARK reference manual, so I can produce decent cross-referenced
technical documents for the workplace -- that was the driving force
behind pdfmark.tmac and pdfroff.  I don't do anything particularly
sophisticated with it.  Where I need a diagram, pic usually suffices.

On a barely related note: if anyone knows how to create PDF documents
which allow in-place commenting with recent versions of Adobe Reader,
without needing Adobe Distiller, I'd be glad to know.

Regards,
Keith.