[Groff] dbtroff, a troff-based DocBook processor

From: Gunnar Ritter
Subject: [Groff] dbtroff, a troff-based DocBook processor
Date: Fri, 05 Oct 2007 19:57:51 +0200

Hi,

I am happy to say that the troff-based tool to convert
DocBook to PDF or PostScript which I talked about back in
January exists (and actually existed even back then).

Collax, Inc., <http://www.collax.com/>, the company for
which I have been working during the last years, has
decided to release the code for this tool under the GPL.
It is used to format the PDF manuals for our server
products. Thus, it has been tailored for this specific
use: It allows to customize the layout of the output
almost as flexibly as with a direct troff document;
on the other hand, only a rather restricted subset of
DocBook 4.3 is supported since we did not bother to
implement functionality which we did not actually use.

The project home page is at <http://dbtroff.sourceforge.net/>.
Collax manuals, which can serve as examples for the
output produced, can be found at
<http://www.collax.com/en/support/documentation.html#c614> and
<http://www.collax.com/en/support/software-development-kit.html>.

        Gunnar