[Groff] hungarian long umlauts

From: Riskó Gergely
Subject: [Groff] hungarian long umlauts
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 16:27:37 +0200

Hi,

I'm trying to convert some hungarian manpages into dvi form, but I'm
not succeed in getting two of our accents work (hungarian umlauts on
"u" and "o").

In the printout the mentioned characters are simply missing.

I tried with the CVS snapshot:
% man -w cut -L hu | xargs zcat | ./bin/groff -mandoc -mlatin2 -Tdvi >x.dvi
<standard input>:23: warning: can't find special character `u004F_030B'
<standard input>:43: warning: can't find special character `u006F_030B'

What can I do with these warnings?  What am I missing?

Can I somehow get the preprocessed form after -mandoc, replace the
mentioned characters with some accent trickery and then postprocess to
dvi?

If there isn't a clean solution, is there some way to convert the
latin1 printout to latin2 in dvi form.  I just need o~ swapped with o"
and u^ with u".

Thank you in advance,
Gergely Riskó