Re: [Groff] gkurz, a short introduction for german users

From: Axel Kielhorn
Subject: Re: [Groff] gkurz, a short introduction for german users
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2007 16:00:24 +0200

Am 14.09.2007 um 16:56 schrieb Tadziu Hoffmann:

Ah, yes, this is handled somewhat inconsistently.  Usually
you use one prime for feet and two primes for inches,
and one prime for minutes and two primes for seconds.
The signgle-prime character is called \[fm] (foot mark).
and the double-prime character is called \[sd] (second),
Strange, huh?

I see, groff_char would have been my friend.
(I guess I should print out all these man pages.)

... definiert die Strings \\Q und \\U (Quote und Unquote).

I'd write these either as just "Q" and "U" (the names of the
strings) or as "\\*Q" and "\\*U" (the escapes to insert the
strings' contents).  "\\Q" and "\\U" is incorrect.

\\*[QU] is what I meant to write.

Thanks for pointing that one out.

Axel