Re: [Groff] building process stuck when building groff-current using Min

From: Keith MARSHALL
Subject: Re: [Groff] building process stuck when building groff-current using MinGW
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 14:59:50 +0100

On 9/11/07, Yu-ning Feng <address@hidden> wrote:
> On 9/7/07, Keith MARSHALL <address@hidden> wrote:
> >
> > After I'd sorted out such things as missing or broken bison and netpbm
> > tools, (this is on a relatively new Woe2K box), it built successfully,
> > from `make clean' state all the the way to fully built, without error.
>
> Would like to know the versions of
>
>  gcc-core,
>  g++ and
>  w32api
>
> in your build. Thanks.
>

> And mingw-runtime.

Difficult to say; as MinGW Project Administrator, and Developer, I tend to
upgrade in a rather piecemeal fashion.  GCC is definitely 3.4.5, from the
*-3.4.5-20060117-1.tar.gz package set, and I think binutils is 2.17.50, from
binutils-2.17.50-20060824-1.tar.gz.  I'm fairly certain that w32api is 3.9,
from w32api-3.9.tar.gz.

I think mingw-runtime is predominantly mingw-runtime-3.12.tar.gz, but I have
applied some local patches, and added some stuff which isn't yet released --
in some cases, not even in CVS yet.

Similarly, MSYS is a mixed bag of pre-release snapshots for 1.0.11, again
with some unreleased local patches applied; MSYS-1.0.10 now refuses to run
on my only live Woe32 box -- it dies, and vanishes without trace so quickly,
that I haven't even been able to identify any symptomatic evidence of the
cause, never mind diagnose it :-(

Regards,
Keith.