Re: [Groff] building process stuck when building groff-current using Min

From: Keith MARSHALL
Subject: Re: [Groff] building process stuck when building groff-current using MinGW
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 12:14:36 +0100

Yu-ning Feng wrote, quoting me:
>> Let me guess; you're using MSYS, and you ignored the advice to steer
>> clear of rxvt?  I think I need to assert that more authoritatively, in
>> the README.MinGW file, (which I hope you've read).
>
> It would be better to mention the caveat in "BUILDING" section (one
> sentence pointing to "CAVEAT" section would be enough), because it
> will occur at that time.

You are right.  It was, perhaps, unfair to suggest you ignored the advice,
for while it has been categorically stated often, on the MinGW-MSYS mail
list, it wasn't stated clearly enough in README.MinGW.  My apologies.

> But of course, I should have read through the
> whole README.MinGW carefully.

You would maybe still have overlooked it, for it wasn't stated clearly
or explicitly enough.  I've updated the CVS copy, to make it obvious.

Thanks for the feed back.

Regards,
Keith.