Re: [Groff] Somewhat OT: question re: vi (vim) on Cygwin

From: Keith Marshall
Subject: Re: [Groff] Somewhat OT: question re: vi (vim) on Cygwin
Date: Sun, 09 Sep 2007 08:53:26 +0100

On Sun, 2007-09-09 at 01:20 -0600, Clarke Echols wrote:
> I find no evidence that Bash and Cygwin utilities any provision for
> talking to the Windows equivalent of an LP spooler, and I have
> found no way to use the lp command and have it work.

A few years ago, I wrote a script which closely emulates the behaviour
of both `lp' and `lpr' commands -- even to the extent of using a
printcap configuration file, but pushing output directly to a Win32
print spool rather than attempting to emulate a *nix scheduler.  I've
been using it routinely ever since, both with MSYS and Cygwin, on Win2K;
I think it should probably also work with Win98.

I don't have it here, sine I use GNU/Linux exclusively at home, but I'll
post a copy when I get back to work tomorrow.

Regards,
Keith.