Re: [Groff] building process stuck when building groff-current

From: Larry Jones
Subject: Re: [Groff] building process stuck when building groff-current
Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2007 15:38:36 -0400 (EDT)

Keith Marshall writes:

> On Sat, 2007-09-08 at 23:11 +0800, Yu-ning Feng wrote:
> >
> > BTW, is it possible to keep line ending using that CVS?
>
> I don't know.  My only Woe32 box in in the office, at work, behind a
> proxy which blocks access to public CVS servers; all my CVS checkouts
> are initiated from home, using GNU/Linux.  You should ask the CVS
> maintainers directly, for IMO, a checkout which imposes a LF --> CRLF
> conversion on the original files rates as a defect.

The CVS client is responsible for converting between the canonical line
ending used in the repository and the local system's line ending (for
text files).  "That CVS" is a Windows client and the Windows line ending
convention is <CR><LF>.  If you're pretending you're not really using
Windows and want a different line ending convention, then you need a
different CVS client that supports that environment.

-Larry Jones

Let's pretend I already feel terrible about it, and that you
don't need to rub it in any more. -- Calvin