Re: [Groff] building process stuck when building groff-current using Min

From: Keith Marshall
Subject: Re: [Groff] building process stuck when building groff-current using MinGW
Date: Sat, 08 Sep 2007 19:13:37 +0100

On Sat, 2007-09-08 at 23:11 +0800, Yu-ning Feng wrote:
> CRLF is the reason. I forgot to mention I was using CVS code that
> time. I did not know that CVS client would do LF -> CRLF then
> (downloaded from
> http://ftp.gnu.org/non-gnu/cvs/binary/stable/x86-woe/cvs-1-11-22.zip).
> I checked my system, msys cat was the only cat. It cat'ed what was
> there, LF -> LF, and CRLF -> CRLF.

Ok.  I do know MSYS sed *always* emits LF *only* output; I thought cat
did likewise, but apparently not; (I don't have a Woe32 box here to
check, but I've no reason to doubt you).  I'll ask my MSYS maintainer to
consider this inconsistency.

> BTW, is it possible to keep line ending using that CVS?

I don't know.  My only Woe32 box in in the office, at work, behind a
proxy which blocks access to public CVS servers; all my CVS checkouts
are initiated from home, using GNU/Linux.  You should ask the CVS
maintainers directly, for IMO, a checkout which imposes a LF --> CRLF
conversion on the original files rates as a defect.

> Using groff-current, I finally finished making. Those problems, except
> stray byte, still exist. "make clean" is done before make again.

You mean you still see the crash in tbl, and the GhostScript failure?
Sorry, but I don't know what else to suggest, for I simply cannot
reproduce these faults.  I don't know if LF --> CRLF corruption in other
source files might cause this; I'll try saving pdfmark.ms as a CRLF file
on Monday, to see what the effect may be.

Regards,
Keith.