[Groff] Fw: gtroff enhancement request

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: [Groff] Fw: gtroff enhancement request
Date: Sat, 08 Sep 2007 12:40:03 +0200 (CEST)

Forgot to CC the list.
--- Begin Message --- Subject: Re: gtroff enhancement request Date: Sat, 08 Sep 2007 09:56:02 +0200 (CEST)
> I'd like to be able to embed the .tkf request in that .FG invocation
> so I don't have to 'unwrap' the macro when I need letter spacing
> increased or decreased 'on the fly'; here's an example with a
> simplified \T'' operator:
>
> .FG "Figure 2" \
>     "A typical MRTG RRD file and update \
> \T'R -0.1'operation. This RRD file stores two Data\T'R 0.1' \
> Sources (DSes) in eight Round Robin Archives (RRAs): \
> four AVERAGE and four MAX RRAs. The 5 minute AVERAGE \
> and 5 minute MAX RRAs are being updated.

Hmm.  Having an escape with so many parameters something I'm
comfortable with.  What about using strings with arguments?  Look at
this example:

  .de xxx
  \c
  .  gcolor \\$1
  ..
  .
  This is \*[xxx green]a test\*[xxx] with colours.

     Werner

--- End Message ---