Re: [Groff] building process stuck when building groff-current using Min

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Groff] building process stuck when building groff-current using MinGW
Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2007 10:22:16 +0200 (CEST)

> mkdir -p -- D:/groff-cvs/share/groff/1.19.3
> mkdir: cannot create directory `D:/groff-cvs/share/groff/1.19\001.3':
> No such file or directory

This looks like a broken `cat' program on msys which doesn't handle

  version=`cat $(top_srcdir)/VERSION`

in the Makefile correctly.  As a temporary workaround (so that you
build succeeds), replace this with

  version=1.19

> when roffing mixed_pickles.roff, a window pop out,
>
>  tbl.exe meet a problem and need to be terminated
>  debug, send error report...

Hmm.  I'm clueless here.

> when processing pdfmark.pdf,
>
>  GPL Ghostscript 8.15: Unrecoverable error, exit code 1
>
> I noticed that someone met the same problem before
> (http://www.mail-archive.com/address@hidden/msg01688.html).
> I tried GS 8.15 and 8.60. Same result.

Hopefully, someone can help you.  It might be useful to test the SVN
repository of GS too.