Re: [Groff] gkurz, a short introduction for german users

From: Axel Kielhorn
Subject: Re: [Groff] gkurz, a short introduction for german users
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 19:36:45 +0200

Am 27.08.2007 um 13:53 schrieb Tadziu Hoffmann:

About half of that document is about my pet peeve, the
quotation marks:-)

While we're discussing german quotes I'd like to point out
a potential pitfall: even though in many fonts you can use
the english left quote as german right quote, *this is not
true in all cases* (see attached picture).  In particular
several widely used sans-serif fonts (Tahoma and Verdana) use
"Courier-style" quotes (for want of a better term), but the
german Word seems to assume it can *always* use the english
left quote as the german right quote.

Thanks for this information.
I will keep it in mind, but I think it is too advanced for an introductory document. When I use Courier (or something similar) it is usually to show computer input or output and in this case I will use ".

Axel