Re: [Groff] gkurz, a short introduction for german users

From: Axel Kielhorn
Subject: Re: [Groff] gkurz, a short introduction for german users
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 19:39:21 +0200

Am 27.08.2007 um 06:58 schrieb Werner LEMBERG:

Please take a look at this document (It is written in german), I
would like to add it to the groff-wiki or maybe even the groff
distribution, once it is finished.

Attached a revised version which already includes Bruno's changes.
This is far from perfect yet, but...

Thanks for your extensive revision, so far I learned a few things:

Start a new sentence at a new line (is this a "law" or just a good idea?)

vi has a ) command:-)

.mso de.tmac is preferred over -m de. I can understand that, thus you don't have to fiddle with the command line.

Why is .mso de.tmac preferred over .so de (I assume the tmac should be omitted, right?) If it works with -m it should work with .so, or did I miss something?

The distinction between - and \- is interesting. Since I like to copy a command line from a document and paste it to the shell, this is important. I have to figure out why it doesn't work here. Pasting to TextEdit works and shows the hyphen, pasting to Terminal does not work.
I'll add a chapter about that.

Axel