Re: [Groff] Groff Wiki

From: Heinz-Jürgen Oertel
Subject: Re: [Groff] Groff Wiki
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2007 21:37:12 +0200

Am Freitag, 3. August 2007 schrieb Ted Harding:
> There are a number of things I could usefully add to
> the Groff Wiki -- especially in the eqn domain, but
> also others.
>
> I've visited the Groff Wiki, but can;t work out how to
>
> a) Add a new topic (EqnTips) ob the front page
> b) Edit/add to an existing topic
>
> It may be obvious to osme, but I'm nit used to Wikis,
> and it ain't obvious to me!
>
> Is there a talk-theough anywhere?
>
> With thanks,
> Ted.

Ted, normally it is easy.
just go to an existing page. Go down left and select "Edit <page name>"
now yo can enter text. To open a new page, an Wiki word must be entered.
Something like ThisIsNew - a camel word with up an down lower upper case
letters. store this page an d now click on the new words end marked with
an "?". This opens the new page.
But as we all know, life isn't that easy. In our example, we have to fight
against Spamers.
Therefore, the Wiki has a Black List, containing words that should not be
used on pages, old ones and new ones. And a White List. Word that must be
an a page. If unsure, use at least the word "groff"

Information about formatting rules are available at the buttom of a editable
page.

hope this helps, otherwise I can help.

Regards

  Heinz

PS
should EqnTips a sub-topic of GroffTips ?
Its there at http://www.groff-wiki.info/GroffTips