RE: [Groff] Research on word processor

From: Ted Harding
Subject: RE: [Groff] Research on word processor
Date: Wed, 04 Jul 2007 14:56:12 +0100 (BST)

Dear Jenna,

On 04-Jul-07 09:23:18, jenna brady wrote:
> Hi
> Please can you help me?
>
> I am researching on word processors that behave in a similar way
> to Microsoft word and that can generate word compatible documents.
> The application will run on our servers rather than at the clients
> end. So the application must be capable of running from the internet
> explorer and Firefox browsers.
>
> I would appreciate any advice regarding  groff and its capabilities
>
> Kind regards
> Jenna Brady

Groff does not behave in any way remotely similar to Microsoft Word,
and there is no intention that it should. It does not generate Word
compatible documents.

Groff can generate PDF documents, which could be edited using Adobe
Acrobat software, but presumably you are not interested in that.

Trying to be helpful: If you are looking for Open/Free software
substitutes for Word and the like, you could look at OpenOffice:

  http://www.openoffice.org/

Hoping this helps!
Ted.

E-Mail: (Ted Harding) <address@hidden>