Re: [Groff] gxditview feature request

From: Tadziu Hoffmann
Subject: Re: [Groff] gxditview feature request
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2007 11:35:00 +0200

> > Anyway, I think that entire block should actually be moved
> > out into a separate "GXditview-color" app-defaults file.
> > That's the more traditional way of handling color
> > customizations, since the colors are not necessary as
> > builtin fallbacks, and everybody can specify their own
> > colors via Xdefaults anyway.
>
> Patches are welcome.  My knowledge of X11 programming and
> app-defaults is basically nonexistent.

See the attached files.  These are meant to be copied to
/etc/X11/app-defaults (or wherever your distro normally puts
application defaults) as "GXditview" and "GXditview-color"
(without the ".ad").  The "-color" version just includes the
normal app-defaults file and augments it with color resources.

(Note that although the "#include" looks like a cpp directive,
cpp is not invoked (in contrast to loading a defaults file
with xrdb, which invokes cpp by default); this "#include"
is processed by Xlib itself.)

The "GXditview.ad" file (without the "-color") is to be
processed and embedded in xditview as the builtin fallback
just like before.