Re: [Groff] preconv, unicode, greek and indexing

From: Sigfrid Lundberg
Subject: Re: [Groff] preconv, unicode, greek and indexing
Date: Sun, 20 May 2007 15:01:23 +0200 (CEST)

On Sun, 20 May 2007, Ralph Corderoy wrote:

> Hi Sigfrid,
>
> > It didn't work at all -- groff tried to take all greek characters from
> > the special fonts S and SS. Then I switched font family temporarily
> > using \FK .. \F[]. Then I got partial success: All diachritical
> > characters come out as KR, but the remaining are taken from SS
> > (slanted special characters).  In order to get this printed correctly,
> > I need to reset the system of special characters. How do I do that
> > (Problem 1)?
>
> Are .special and .fspecial any use?  See groff_diff(7).  A search for
> "special" in that man page may also be useful.

I forgot to say that in the beginning of my document I have this

.fam BA
.fspecial KR
.fspecial KI

This does not seem to help, very much. The Kerkis font is read, and
included in the postscript, which states the following

        %!PS-Adobe-3.0
        %%Creator: groff version 1.19.3
        %%CreationDate: Sun May 20 10:50:04 2007
        %%DocumentNeededResources: font Symbol
        %%DocumentSuppliedResources: procset grops 1.19 3
        %%+ font Kerkis
        %%+ font Berling-Roman
        %%+ font Berling-Italic
        %%+ font Berling-Bold
        %%+ font Symbol-Slanted

Berling is the only commercial font I've got :-) I bought it for nostalgic
reasons, it was made in a foundry situated here in Lund, Sweden, where I
live.

Yours

Sigge