[Groff] Re: Refer and Journals

From: Frank Jahnke
Subject: [Groff] Re: Refer and Journals
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 06:05:16 -0700

> Here are some on-line resources beyond the Man entry for refer:

[snip]

Thanks, but these are not at all what I'm looking for.  The two Lesk
references (which I have read) are part of my dog-eared Version 7
manual; the Christian reference is pretty low-level.

What I'm after is a reference that discusses the directives used in
groff's refer implementation that can be placed between .R1 and .R2
flags.  In particular, I wish to learn how these directives can be used
to control refer output format.

Those, unfortunately, seem to be where the power lies, and are not
documented in the standard Unix documents.

Frank