Re: [Groff] questions about "Adding TrueType fonts to groff for PDF docu

From: Gunnar Ritter
Subject: Re: [Groff] questions about "Adding TrueType fonts to groff for PDF documents" on http://www.groff-wiki.info/
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 00:51:23 +0100

Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> wrote:

> > So I want to know is it possible in these way and whether or not
> > ps2pdf can make an cid embeded pdf file from the one produced by
> > grops?
>
> This looks like a bug in gs -- I think if you want long enough, gs
> eventually finishes.  Maybe you should try the current SVN version of
> it, checking whether it's faster now.

Assuming that it is the same problem as with the
Type 42 fonts generated by Heirloom dpost, I have
tried this for approximately two hours yesterday
using a two-week old SVN checkout of Ghostscript.
I did not expect it to finish after waiting that
long anymore. Moreover, the behavior was the same
when I tried this first half a year ago.

I never reported this since I suspected it to be
a bug in my code, not theirs, and the issue did
not have a high priority for me. But if others
have similar problems using bare TrueType fonts,
it might actually be a bug in Ghostscript that
they do not know about yet.

        Gunnar