Re: [Groff] Correct protocol for making changes

From: Eric S. Raymond
Subject: Re: [Groff] Correct protocol for making changes
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2007 19:18:40 -0500

Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden>:

> > You are right about the long names.  I clean forgot about this, for
> > reasons I'll explain in a moment.  I can undo that step easily
> > enough if you want.
>
> Well, in case it's really *easy* I would like to have the old forms
> back.  However, this isn't an urgent issue.

I have ensured that this won't happen again by adding a -w warning
level option to doclifter.  In future, -w will warn about constructs
not portable to man2html, and only -w -w will warn about non-groffable
things like long names.

> [about virtualization]
>
> I'll leave your patch as-is.

OK, then, I'll commit sometime tonight.  I'd do it now, but I'm going
off to have dinner with my wife and then do strategy gaming with some
friends.

I think I now know how to do mark/lineup in MathML reasonably cleanly.
That probably comes next after the commit.