RE: [Groff] chess font?

From: Ted Harding
Subject: RE: [Groff] chess font?
Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2007 13:00:12 -0000 (GMT)

On 02-Feb-07 Gaius Mulley wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was wondering whether anyone knows of the whereabouts of a chess
> font which is compatible with groff?  Preferably with tiny example :-)
> I've tried google but it seems to have drawn a blank.

There are various PostScript Chess fonts around. Try googling on

  chess "postscript font"

One which comes up and should be OK (since it comes originally
from Adobe) is at

  http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/fonts/chess/cheq/

The PS which is listed as cheq.ps is in fact the PS definition of
the font in ASCI format, i.e. a .pfa file, and should be treated
as such when installing into groff.

And, of course, the other file you'll need is cheq.afm!

Hoping this helps,
Ted.

E-Mail: (Ted Harding) <address@hidden>
Fax-to-email: +44 (0)870 094 0861