Re: [Groff] XXX Funny movie

From: Ted Harding
Subject: Re: [Groff] XXX Funny movie
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2007 09:20:51 -0000 (GMT)

On 27-Jan-07 Werner LEMBERG wrote:

>> The problem we are seeing is that after all the parts have been
>> removed, there is still a non-empty signature text piece left ... so
>> the message is not discarded. BUT ... that signature is added by
>> mailman itself!
>
> I've now removed the mailing list footer.  Thanks for your help -- I
> would never have thought of this!
>
> In case this is really the cause of the problem, I would consider it a
> severe bug in mailman.

I second Werner's praise of Nick Stoughton's analysis of
mailman behaviour! Let's now see whether it stops!

(One test is that, along with the messages sent to and
therefore distributed by groff, I also get a few sent
directly to myself, where the originating machine talks
directly to one of my local SMTP servers. If I get any
of these over the next few days, but none appear on the
list, then this would strongly indicate that the measure
has worked.)

Best wishes to all,
Ted.