Re: [Groff] Choosing a portability target

From: Eric S. Raymond
Subject: Re: [Groff] Choosing a portability target
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 18:01:53 -0500

Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden>:
> ???  Things like \[rs] will definitely fail in classical troff
> implementations.  So what do you mean with `traditional mode'?

I should have said I'm testing to be sure that they work in the
default mode, rather than needing compatibility mode to be forced off.

> What accuracy problems in groff_diff have you encountered?

Still investigating.  I may be wrong, or I may be misunderstanding
what's there.  I'll report back in detail when my conclusions are
firmer.  But I think that some escapes that are only documented to
work in compatibility mode also work in groff native mode.