Re: [Groff] Status of the portability work, and plans for the future

From: Clarke Echols
Subject: Re: [Groff] Status of the portability work, and plans for the future
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 06:57:21 -0700

Werner LEMBERG wrote:

I just fixed up ditroff.man.  This is going fairly smoothly so far.
Your past macro coders have had bad cases of "ooh! nifty feature!
must use!",

:-)

but despite that the code is pretty readable.

It's not really clear to me what you mean with `macro coders'.

    Werner

I think he means macro authors (or one who modifies macros written
by others -- either applies).  I'm glad I didn't have to learn
English as a second language. :-)  Used here, "coder" means one who
"codes", as in "writes software code".

Clarke