Re: [Groff] Choosing a portability target

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Groff] Choosing a portability target
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 05:28:16 +0100 (CET)

> The groff project -- and I'm not sure what that means, other than
> "Werner Lemburg" --

Hmm, this is the same as Erik S. Raimont. :-)

> Target 2: man2html compatibility

This sounds reasonable.  However, in case there are really stupid and
brainless issues in man2html, let's not uglify the groff man macros
just to cope with them.  Instead, force the man2html maintainers to
fix them!  Why should I and you do the work while those guys enjoy
their lives without reason?

> Target 3: manServer compatibility
> Target 4: troff-classic compatibility

No.  This is like having a car and walking by foot just to not be
ahead.