Re: [Groff] Status of the portability work, and plans for the future

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Groff] Status of the portability work, and plans for the future
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2007 07:41:55 +0100 (CET)

> You wouldn't happen to know of mappings for the bracket pile
> graphics, would you?

What do you think about looking into groff_char also, not just
lifting? :-)

All I know Unicode mapping is already in this file.

> > I'll fix the rest of groff in due course.  However, this might
> > only happen after we've defined (and coded) the proposed man macro
> > extensions.
>
> Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good.  We should try to
> get something out in time for the FC7 freeze.

Hmm.  Sorry to say, but Fedora's timeline doesn't bother me much, nor
does me any other distribution.  All of them are released more often
than groff.

Currently, I have a lot to do with my real job (and this will continue
for a few weeks), and I have also to prepare a new FreeType release,
and...