Re: <OK> [Groff] Simplifying groff documentation

From: Keith Marshall
Subject: Re: <OK> [Groff] Simplifying groff documentation
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2007 18:34:30 +0000

On Friday 05 January 2007 15:25, Clarke Echols wrote:
> >    > grohtml outputs elements/tags as lowercase, not uppercase as
> >    > required by the HTML recommendations.
> >
> >    This is a contradiction.  A `recommendation' can never be `required'.
> >
> > I'll stick with requirement.  Otherwise, what's the point of a
> > standard?
>
> How about "...as specified by the HTML recommendations."?  That should
> solve the problem.

But xhtml-1.0+ *requires* that tags be represented in *lower* case *only*, and
any mixed or upper case representation is (strictly) invalid.  AIUI, today's
web authors really should be striving towards xhtml standards compliance; in
this respect, grohtml's use of lower case is already well on the way.

Just my two pennyworth.

Regards,
Keith.